Kaardiplotter B&G Vulcan 7R Multifunction Display
The Vulcan 7R provides a versatile, easy-to-use chartplotter with multi-touch and pinch-to-zoom. Packed with innovations for sailors, Vulcan integrates with your on board instruments to unlock award-winning sailing features including SailSteer and SailingTime.
As well as a fully functioning chartplotter, the Vulcan is also an instrument display and fully functioning autopilot controller. The full touch interface and low profile mounting makes Vulcan one of the cleanest looking and most integrated navigation displays for installing on your boat.
SailSteer is an exclusive sailing feature to B&G chartplotters. It takes your instrument data and displays it in one screen that is easy to interpret and understand. In the centre of the screen it shows your boat which always points to the top. Around your boat is a compass rose which moves as you change heading. There are also indicators to show your Apparent Wind Angle (AWA), True Wind Direction (TWD) and Course Over Ground (COG). If you are navigating to a waypoint, the SailSteer screen will also show you the bearing to the waypoint. The central blue arrow shows tidal flow and set and at the bottom of the diagram you can see your rudder angle. All the data is also visible in the two columns either side of the diagram.The SailSteer diagram can be overlaid on top of your chart so you can navigate and view your instrument data at the same time.
The Vulcan also offers integrated support for CHIRP sonar, ForwardScan™ and DownScan Imaging™, which allows you to easily determine depth, distinguish different seabed types for safe anchoring, collision avoidance using ForwardScan. All new Vulcan models are Broadband Radar™ ready and let you experience B&G’s award-winning Broadband Radar that will keep constant watch over you and your crew.
- Display - 7" Diagonal High Visibility Colour TFT LCD
- Brightness - 1200 nits
- Screen Resolution - 800 x 480
- Viewing Angles - 80° top/bottom, 80° left/right of center
- Built-in Wi-Fi & Bluetooth
- Built-in GPS - 10Hz, WASS, MSAS, EGNOS, GLONASS
- GPS Receiver Channels - 32
- Position Accuracy - Horizontal Accuracy 3 m (9.8 ft.)
- Radar Compatibility - Halo, Broadband, HD Radars
- Sonar - Integrated CHIRP / DownScan / ForwardScan. Single 9 Pin Xsonic connector. Connection to any external sounder module is not supported.
- AIS - Receive AIS data over NMEA 2000 only
- Autopilot Capabilities
- Ethernet - 1 x 5 pin yellow connector x 1 Mbit. Radar and Sirius (USA only) connectivity only (unless unlocked)
- NMEA 2000 - 1 x NMEA 2000 Micro-C port, 1 LEN
- Mounting Type - Bracket or Panel
- Dimensions - 197 mm x 141 mm x 82.7 mm (7.56" x 5.55" x 3.26") (no bracket)
- Weight - 1.320 kg (2.91lb)
- Waterproof Rating - IPX 6 and 7
- Internal Storage - 90MB
- External Storage - 2 Micro SD slots, max. 32GB (format FAT32 each). >32 GB cards require cards to be formated to NTFS
- Recommended Fuse Rating - 3A
- Power Consumption (Max) - 20W
- Power Consumption (Typical) - 12W
- Supply Voltage - 12 V DC (10 - 17 V DC)